Pumpkin Roll With Cream Cheese Filling And SnowFrom trigger 8 years ago
- CAKE: shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup pumpkin shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon ginger shopping list
- ½ Teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 8 Ounces cream cheese softened shopping list
- 4 table spoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- MOCHA CREAM: shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream or whip cream shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons instant espresso shopping list
- 1/3 Cup confectioner’s sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and sugar, beating well.
- Add pumpkin and lemon juice, mixing well.
- Spread batter into greased and waxed paper lined 10 X 15 inch jellyroll pan or cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Invert cake on clean tea towel sprinkled limberly with powdered sugar.
- Cool 10 minutes longer.
- From 10 inch side, roll cake up in towel.
- Set aside.
- While cake is cooling in towel prepare filling.
- Beat together cream cheese and butter, stir in powdered sugar and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Unroll cake.
- Evenly spread filling over cake with a frosting spatula.
- Roll up cake with out towel.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Decorate with Mocha cream.
- MOCHA CREAM:
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in 1 tablespoon of heavy cream.
- Add remaining cream; beat until soft peaks form.
- Pipe whipped cream on cake or add dollops like I did evenly spaced.
- Slice before serving.
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating22 people
Thank you michael for an over-the top recipe. Can you make it with sweet potatoes?. You would win in a landslide.Of course 1 five for the pic and one for recipe.mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Oh my Heavens...I am going to make this for Thanksgiving! Thanks Michael!! Pamelapamelanava in Prosper loved it
I soooo do NOT need this, but you know I'm going to make it. Wonderful post, Michael!!! Wish it could be a 10!pat2me in Nashua loved it