The Fatty MeltFrom marky90 6 years ago
How to make it
- Divide beef into 4 equal parts. Shape into square patties slightly larger than the grilled cheese sandwiches that will serve as buns. (Use a slice of the Pepperidge Farm Very Thin bread as a template if you're uncomfortable eyeballing this.) Create an indentation in the centers of the patties—this will help maintain even thickness, as the center typically swells up when cooking.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet or heavy-bottom pan to medium-high. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, prepare the Very Thin Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.
- Salt and pepper both sides of burger patties liberally. Throw those suckers in the cast-iron pan, cooking them in batches of two if your pan isn't big enough to hold them all at once. Cook about 3 minutes per side for medium. Remove patties from pan and let rest a couple minutes.
- Sandwich patties between two grilled cheese sandwiches and top each with 1 medium-thick slice of ripe tomato.
- Dont even think about Mayo on this..save the calories! Or go for it, add mayo, a dab of mustard and how about some bacon??
People Who Like This Dish 14
- shellyh430 Brunswick, OH
- jeff999 Butler, PA
- Drb Nowhere, Us
- becca61 Spavinaw, Oklahoma
- luisascatering San Carlos, CA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- danadooley Singapore, SG
- feedmesoon Milwaukee, WI
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- shirleyoma Cove, OR
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating17 people
Wow here comes the pounds and cholesterol hahahah but looks very good........ well done for me tho hahaha........five
hey when ya coming here marky the end of oct pleaase call me ok well do lunch and a drinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
My husband would walk across broken glass barefoot for one of these! Geesh! Does look good though.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Forget the mayo? Could it possibly make a difference at this point?
Looks great.....they men in the family will go nuts!pat2me in Nashua loved it