Crispy Sour Cream Chicken TendersFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 cups panko crumbs or finely crushed garlic croutons shopping list
- ½ cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- (if you’re going for the hot sauce, add some pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the seasoning, if you want an extra kick) shopping list
- peanut oil (or other oil of choice, but I like peanut oil for its heat tolerance) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- Beat egg in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk in sour cream.
- In a separate shallow bowl, combine crumbs, flour and seasoning.
- Lay the chicken strips in the bowl with the sour cream/egg mixture and let the meat pieces soak in it for 5 minutes.
- Dip the sour cream coated chicken strips in the crumb mixture.
- Have the oil pre-heated and ready in the frying pan, then add the butter just before adding the chicken strips (I heat enough peanut oil in the frying pan to come up about ½”, heating the oil to about 340 – 350 degrees…adding the butter just before adding the meat to the pan prevents the butter from burning).
- Fry strips until golden brown on the bottom – flip and continue frying until meat is cooked through (frying time will depend on how small or large you cut your strips).
- Drain pieces on some paper toweling and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating16 people
YUMMERS KK!! 55555 :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
I agree Krum... these babies take the cake....you have me drooling....Zzena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Very nice! Can't wait to try. Mare Oh... and hope all is well, been a while.theiris in Garden City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!