Chef Gordon Ramsays BEEF WELLINGTONFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
- lean, finely-grained beef 'fillets' shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- English mustard shopping list
- Portobello mushrooms shopping list
- plastic food wrap. shopping list
- prosciutto (parma ham) shopping list
- puff pastry shopping list
- egg wash shopping list
- rock or coarse salt. shopping list
How to make it
- Take lean, finely-grained beef 'fillets'
- Season with salt and pepper
- Place olive oil in a frying pan, and sear the meat to hold juiced in.
- Remove from heat.
- Coat the meat well with English mustard
- The mushrooms:
- Coarsely chop Portobello mushrooms, then place into food processor
- Add salt to season and help remove excess water.... chop finely in processor
- Drain off the excess water.
- Place mushrooms into the frying pan, ADDING NO OIL OR BUTTER.
- Fry until tender and darkened
- To assemble:
- Lay out a piece of plastic food wrap.
- Place several slices of Prosciutto (parma Ham) flatly on the plastic.
- Coat generously with the mushroom mixture.
- Place the fillet of beef on top, in the center.
- Roll this with the plastic to form a neat package.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes, then remove from refrigerator.
- The Puff Pastry:
- roll it out to form a square
- Unwrap the beef fillet
- Place the beef onto the pastry, in the center.
- Egg wash ---- whisk whole egg and liberally brush the over edges of the pastry around the beef
- Roll the pastry up like a package, sealing with the egg wash.
- Trim off loose overlap, and tuck ends under to seal the package
- Chill for five minutes, then remove from refrigerator.
- GLAZE the package with more egg wash
- SCORE the package with a sharp knife to create a pleasant 'design' on the pastry
- Season with rock or coarse salt.
- Place into the oven at 350*F, and bake until golden brown.
- Slice thickly, about 1 inch thick for each piece.
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating52 people
Perfect!! Thanks for this one!markeverett in Riverside loved it
We did these for Father's Day, exact recipe. Well except for the English mustard. What is that? We couldn't find it in the store so we just used Grey Poupon. Still, very yummy. :)
There is even a video on youtube, I believe, of him making ...moremrtnzangel8 in SW loved it
love this!midgelet in Eastern loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!