Shredded Pear CakeFrom juels 4 years ago
- 8 pears OR apples, cored and shredded shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup farina cereal, not cooked (can be found next to oatmeal in any store) shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- For the topping: shopping list
- 1/2 cup craham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp. softened butter shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, farina cereal, 1 cup sugar and baking powder. Mix well. Divide this dry mixture into 5 equal portions.
- In a lightly greased 9"square baking dish, sprinkle the first portion of dry mixture on the bottom of the pan. Tap the pan to spread more evenly.
- Spread 2 shredded pears over top. Reapeat the layers, alternating pears and dry mix, and finishing up with the dry mix on top.
- For the topping, combine graham cracker crumbs with brown sugar. Using a pastry blender or fortk, cut in 3 tbsp. of softened butter into the graham cracker mix, until resembles course crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping on the cake. Cover the cake with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Bake in a preheated 385F oven for 45 minutes.
- * No need to do a toothpick test. The cake doesn't have eggs and will be done and slightly moist at that point.
- Let cool, then slice in squares. Can be topped with ice cream or caramel sauce (optional).
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating14 people
This looks beautiful and sounds decadent. Can't wait to try this delight. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
This sounds very interesting. I will be picking up the ingredients for this tonight! Thanks, Juels, for posting it!!m11andrade in Kankakee loved it
This looks fabulous saving it to make, love pears. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
Sweet Tooth445 members
Piece Of Cake373 members
Russian Speakers22 members
Russian American Food Lovers35 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice76 members
Unique And Unusual Recipes84 members
Cakes Of Any Type140 members
FABULOUS FRUGAL FOODIES246 members