Superb Monte Cristo SandwichFrom chefelaine 5 years ago
- 4 each white bread slices shopping list
- (healthier choice --- whole wheat bread) shopping list
- as needed --- butter shopping list
- 2 oz Sliced turkey or chicken breast shopping list
- 2 oz Sliced ham shopping list
- 2 oz Sliced swiss cheese shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 4 tbsp milk shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place the bread on a clean work surface.
- Spread the tops with butter.
- Place the turkey, ham, and cheese slices on one of the pieces of bread.
- Top with the remaining slice of bread, buttered side down.
- Secure the sandwich with 2 picks placed in opposite corners.
- Beat the egg and milk together.
- Dip the sandwich in the batter until it is completely coated and the liquid has partially soaked into the bread.
- Fry the sandwich in deep fat at 375°F until golden brown.
- Cut in half or quarters, and serve immediately.
- Serve with a side salad, and you've got yourself a hit!
- Alternative method:
- Omit the picks and cook on a griddle until browned on both sides.
People Who Like This Dish 43
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating70 people
Love it, Elaine! Keep 'em coming!m11andrade in Kankakee loved it
yep another great sandwich what are you doing to me hahaha..........five
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Mmmmm.... I love monte cristos... Here's something to try- a local diner finishes them off with a dusting of powdered sugar and serves it up with plum sauce to dip. Actually quite good!hollymayb in Baltimore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!