Philly Cheese Steak SoupFrom juels 8 years ago
- 1 1/2lb. your favourite steak (beef filet, ribeye, etc.), cut in THIN strips *Do not use skirt steak, or cheap cuts. shopping list
- 1 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. steak seasoning shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 4 sweet bell peppers (you can use different colors), thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 small package white mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 8 cups beef broth shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 3 tbsp. worstershire sauce shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 small package provolone cheese, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- In a dutch oven or a heavy pot, over medium heat brown the steak strips in 1 tbsp. of butter for about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with steak seasoning, cook and stir another minute. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add chopped onions and garlic to the dutch oven. Cook and stir until lightly browned and caramelized. Stir in the bell peppers and mushrooms. Cook and stir another 7 minutes, or until peppers are starting to caramelize, but still retain color.
- Add steak back to the pot.
- Add beef broth, milk, worstershire sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer on low for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Just before serving, stir in provolone cheese, a few slices per plate. Serve hot.
- *note:you can also cook this soup in a crock pot. Follow steps 1-4, then transfer everything to the crock pot for a couple of hours.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating18 people
My favorite sandwich in a soup bowl? What is the world coming to, julia? Thanks so much for this post and still again yet another five for you!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Wow, I don't know why I never thought of this one! What a great recipe. Thanks again for yet another winner!meals4abby in Valders loved it
sounds like great comfort food... on a gold afternoon or for a dinner with great bread... ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it