Apple SoupFrom kristopher 10 years ago
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3/4 tablespoons of curry powder (you can modify this amount) shopping list
- 1 quart chicken stock shopping list
- 2 large green apples, peeled, cored & chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup light cream shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the 1 tablespoon of butter in saucepan over med-high heat. Add onions and sauté until soft but not quite brown.
- Stir in the apples, curry powder, stock, and lemon juice and bring all to a boil. Turn down the heat & let simmer for approximately 10 mins.
- Melt remaining butter in another saucepan over med-heat until the foam subsides.
- Blend in the flour and cook for 1 - 2 minutes, stirring the whole time. Now slowly stir in soup until it is well blended.
- When mixture reaches a boil, remove it from the heat. Strain it into your first saucepan, pressing apple & onion with the back of a spoon.
- Stir in cream.
- Cook just until heated throughout. Now taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
People Who Like This Dish 43
The Cookkristopher San Francisco, CA
The Rating9 people
This reminds me of a creamy butternut squash and apples puree soup I make during the fall...gonna try this and get back! :-)jkstern in Long Island City loved it
This soup sounds different and yummy. I have to try it. Many thanks for posting.moonlight in Santa Ana loved it
Thanks for sharing - will tweak this with Soy Sour Cream.nadaism in Bathurst loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!