Apple SoupFrom kristopher 6 years ago
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3/4 tablespoons of curry powder (you can modify this amount) shopping list
- 1 quart chicken stock shopping list
- 2 large green apples, peeled, cored & chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup light cream shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the 1 tablespoon of butter in saucepan over med-high heat. Add onions and sauté until soft but not quite brown.
- Stir in the apples, curry powder, stock, and lemon juice and bring all to a boil. Turn down the heat & let simmer for approximately 10 mins.
- Melt remaining butter in another saucepan over med-heat until the foam subsides.
- Blend in the flour and cook for 1 - 2 minutes, stirring the whole time. Now slowly stir in soup until it is well blended.
- When mixture reaches a boil, remove it from the heat. Strain it into your first saucepan, pressing apple & onion with the back of a spoon.
- Stir in cream.
- Cook just until heated throughout. Now taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
The Cookkristopher San Francisco, CA
The Rating9 people
This reminds me of a creamy butternut squash and apples puree soup I make during the fall...gonna try this and get back! :-)jkstern in Long Island City loved it
This soup sounds different and yummy. I have to try it. Many thanks for posting.moonlight in Santa Ana loved it
Thanks for sharing - will tweak this with Soy Sour Cream.nadaism in Toowoomba loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!