Jalapia Over Lemon Cream Pasta-ciFrom keni 5 years ago
- 1lb pasta of choice(prepared per package directions while making rest of meal, or prepare ahead and keep warm) shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, diced shopping list
- 2-4 fresh jalapenos, diced shopping list
- 1 can(14.5oz) Italian style diced tomatoes shopping list
- 9oz fresh spinach, chopped shopping list
- 1lb tilapia fillets shopping list
- **lemon Cream Sauce** shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken stock shopping list
- the juice from 2 lemons shopping list
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or half and half shopping list
- 2 sticks(1 cup) butter, chilled shopping list
- salt, pepper and basil shopping list
How to make it
- Start water to boil for pasta while preparing other aspects of the dish.(or, at least, this is what I do ;)
- Start lemon cream sauce by heating wine or stock and lemon juice and allow to fully simmer while starting the next step.
- In dutch oven or high sided skillet(I used my cast iron), saute jalapenos and onions in butter and olive oil until onion turns slightly opaque.
- Add garlic, spinach and tomatoes and simmer while continuing the lemon cream sauce.
- Once stock and juice has reduced by half, slowly whisk in cream and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add tilapia fillets to tomato/spinach pan, reduce heat, cover and let "steam/simmer" while finishing cream sauce.
- To simmering cream sauce, add butter, 1-2T at a time, whisking constantly to achieve a thick, combined sauce.
- Add salt and pepper and basil to taste.
- Toss with hot, drained pasta See Photo
- Serve a fillet of tilapia over bed of pasta, topped with spinach/tomato sauce.
- ***please note, I tried to set this recipe up in a good order of preparing it, rather than the usual one aspect of the dish at a time, in hopes of making it easier to make sure all the components are done at the same time! :)
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating10 people
Sounds great! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Sounds wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I particularly like the sound of your lemon cream sauce here. Talapia is one of my favorite fish, so I will be trying this soon. Thanks Keni :) ^5 + flagged for beauty!lori4flavor in Chicago loved it