Chicken With Green Mole SauceFrom juels 8 years ago
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chili, chopped and drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh parsely leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds (not salted) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp. lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinned chicken breast halves, sliced in strips shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Brown chicken breast strips in oil in a skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until no longer pink inside. *Note: Chicken breasts cook fast, overcooking may result in a less tender meat. You can leave breasts whole if you wish, just make sure they are cooked through. Remove chicken to a bowl, set aside and keep warm.
- Add onion and garlic to the same skillet. Use more oil if needed. Saute until onion is soft, for about 4 minutes. Stir in cumin. Cook for another minute.
- Place the onion mixture in a blender or food processor along with chili, cilantro, parsely,sunflower seeds, broth and rice vinegar. Puree until smooth (mixture may be slightly grainy).
- Return mixture to skillet. Cover with lid to prevent splattering and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in lime juice, 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chicken breasts on a plate, spoon sauce over and garnish with chopped tomatoes. Sprinkle some extra lime juice or salt over tomatoes if desired.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating20 people
fantastic post high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Looks delicious. Great flavors!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Sounds super. I love mole sauce.
Chichichihuahua in Sonoma County loved it