Potato Gnocchi And Tail On Shrimp Scampi With A Garlic SauceFrom trigger 4 years ago
- 2 pounds of yukon gold potatoes scrubbed baked and cooled. shopping list
- 1 14 cups of flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 pound of jumbo tail on shrimp shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of butter shopping list
- ¼-cup olive oil shopping list
- 8 large cloves of garlic pealed shopping list
- Pinch of red pepper flakes shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of thyme shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of basil shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- Fresh grated Parmigianino cheese. shopping list
How to make it
- Bake the potatoes until a fork can pierce the skin and the potatoes are tenders no need for a crispy skin.
- Cool potatoes to room temperature and peal skins.
- Remove flesh and pass through a ricer.
- Add potatoes to a mixing bowl then the teaspoon of sale and the flour.
- Mix by hand to combine if sticky add a teaspoon of flour and mix again do not knead like bread dough.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and form a ball.
- Slice or break off a small ball and roll into a ¾-inch thick log, repeat the process until al the dough is used up.
- Slice logs into ¾-inch pieces, roll each piece against the tines of a fork, and roll onto a cookie sheet.
- For the sauce rough, chop the pealed garlic
- In a sauté pan, add the butter the olive oil and heat on medium high.
- Add the garlic and sauté for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the thyme and basil then half the shrimp sate until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove shrimp and sauté the remaining shrimp.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a medium boil and add a half dozen gnocchi at a time cook them until they float and remove to a warmed dish with a little scampi sauce keep warm.
- After all the Gnocchi are cooked transfer, those to the sauté pan with the shrimp and heat thoroughly.
- Plate them, sprinkle some Parmigianino cheese, and serve at once.
- * serve with crusty bread and a wine of your choice.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating16 people
Fantastic photos my friend and what a great recipe. Love the sounds of this. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
OH Trigger you have done it again! I love Gnocchi, I can just smell the garlic, sauteing in the butter and olive oil with the fresh shrimp. The thyme & basil and then the pinch of red pepper flakes to add just the right amount of heat, just put this ...moregagagrits in Irmo loved it
OMG,This sounds & looks sooo good!!!
cookingbringmehappiness in Rockford loved it