Grizzlybears Chile RellenosFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 3 cups smoked turkey or ham, ground (you can use beef also) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups colby, jack or mozzarella, grated shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning shopping list
- 12 green chilies, roasted and peeled shopping list
- Mix turkey (or ham), cheese, and onion. Add salt, pepper, and garlic, to taste, and set mixture aside. shopping list
How to make it
- Mix eggs and milk together. Beat well and set aside.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, fajita seasoning, and 1 teaspoon of salt together. Set aside.
- Slit the chilies down the side just enough to remove the seeds and stuff with meat mixture.
- Roll chilies in plain flour.
- Next, dip chilies in egg and milk mixture then roll the chilies in cornmeal and flour mixture.
- Repeat dipping chilies in milk and egg mixture, and then roll again in cornmeal and flour mixture.
- Fry chilies in oil over medium heat in pan on stovetop until golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 10
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- pleclare Framingham, MA
- wynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- dooley Crossroads, TX
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- harley7 Romney, WV
- capedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
- juels Clayton, NC
- binky67 Ellicott City, MD
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating14 people
OMG! ^5 ^15 ^75 Thanks you!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Oh yeah, baby! My hubby loves food like this! This will make him really happy, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
whew, not sure I'd be able to eat these but am printing recipe for those adventurous fools....er types who think there hard.......... lolcapedread in Peterborough. Cambridgeshire loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!