Grilled Pork ChopsFrom thegoldminer 6 years ago
- Bone in rib pork chops shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- Powdered sage shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Veggies, your choice. Pics show a nice combination. onion and mushrooms are killer followed by the zucchini. shopping list
- thyme is another seasoning to use instead of sage or add on the pork chops. I like the sage best. shopping list
How to make it
- Wash pork chops, dry with paper towel.
- Cut bone from meat, leave about 1/2" meat. The reason to cut the bone away is the meat portion cooks evenly. Otherwise the area next to the bone is not cooked as well. I cut the bone from any beef steak as well, t-bones, porterhouse, new york with bone, and rib steaks. There is no difference in taste, the meat cooks perfect and the bone is just awesome to gnaw on.
- Spray or pour olive oil on the meat and bones.
- Rub the oil around.
- Shake on the Sage -I am liberal on the amount-see pics.
- Pepper and Salt.
- Mix this with the olive oil, making sure to get it on all sides so the bone is fully covered.
- Season both sides of the meat.
- I preheat the grill on high for about 2 minutes, brush the grill.
- Timing again is my way. The pictured chops and bones cooked 3 minutes per side over the open high flame. If thicker, more time, a little less heat. Over cooking leads to tough pork chops.
- Spray the veggies with olive oil, wrap in foil.
- They are placed on the grill with the chops. When the chops are done and removed from the grill, remove the veggies from the foil, cook veggies another 2 minutes, turn, another 2, remove.
- There will be juices flowing on the plate for dipping bites of meat.
- Then again, some of us haven't grown up and still love the chops drowned in Ketchup (see pic).
- Grilled pork chop bones are so good cooked off the meat. Grilled and flame tested. This is where all the flavors are. Try it, be an animal, gnaw and tear at the bone, way good stuff.
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating6 people
Grilled chops are a favorite of mine... these sound yummy indeed......keep up the good grillingzena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
You have a way with pics, my friend. Looking for a new way to grill chops tonite. Think I found it!mrtnzangel8 in SW loved it
Awesome!mrtnzangel8 in SW loved it