Ham n Three Cheese Potato CakeFrom larkspur 4 years ago
- 5 tbs. unsalted butter, divided shopping list
- 5 tbs. bread crumbs (plain) divided shopping list
- 3 pounds russet potatoes (about 6-7 medium) peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 3 tbs. chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 3 oz. swiss cheese shopping list
- 3 oz. mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 4 oz. shaved deli ham, cut into 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9" springform pan and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs. Shake pan to coat bottom evenly.
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover them by one inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, than lower the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes; wipe pot dry.
- Return potatoes to the pot; mash with 4 tbs. of the butter. Stir in cream, salt, pepper, and chives. Allow to cool for five minutes.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time.
- Spoon half of the potato mixture into prepared pan.
- Place slices of swiss cheese over potatoes to cover the surface. Cover with mozzarella. Sprinkle chopped ham evenly over cheese. Cover with remaining potatoes.
- Melt remaining 1 tbs. of butter; stir in Parmesan cheese and remaining 1 tbs. breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly on top of casserole.
- Bake in preheated oven until casserole is very hot and puffed and top is golden brown, about 35-45 minutes.
- Run a paring knife around the edge of the casserole to loosen.
- Cool for 10 minutes before unmolding.
- Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cooklarkspur Wauwatosa, WI
The Rating12 people
Sounds really good :)donman in Hammond loved it
Oh my I must serve this at our next brunch - it sounds devine! High 5valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Hey larkspur! Just save this one...looks divine!!adzell in Ann Arbor loved it