Homemade Tater TotsFrom pleasantvalleycabins 6 years ago
How to make it
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan of water to cover, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat, and simmer until the potatoes are cooked through but still firm, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the water, cool slightly and peel the cooked potatoes while still warm.
- Shred the potatoes with a box grater, and place the shredded potatoes in a bowl.
- Lightly mix in the chives, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Mold by handfuls into large "cigars" and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
- Heat oil in deep fryer.
- Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Toss about six into a small bowl of flour and shake them off a little before placing in the deep fryer.
- Fry until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
The Cookpleasantvalleycabins Logan, US
The Rating11 people
wow thanks homade sounds delicous high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Good job. ^5 :)donman in Hammond loved it
What a great recipe. I hate buying frozen potato anything. So nice to be able to make Tater Tots from scratch & these sound delicious. Thanks & 5 forks+++++brianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!