Shrimp And Garlic Pasta For TwoFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 6 cloves of garlic, sliced as thinly as possible shopping list
- dash of Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- dash of sea salt shopping list
- dash of fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- Enough pasta for 2 servings (about 4 ounces of spaghetti or linguini or fettuccini) shopping list
- 10 jumbo shrimp or prawns, raw, shells removed and de-veined shopping list
- 1 or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, if desired shopping list
- Fresh grated good quality parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- About 1 hour before serving, place the olive oil and butter in a large skillet; add sliced garlic and seasonings to the pan.
- Simmer at a VERY LOW heat to allow the garlic and seasonings to infuse into the oil and butter. Keep the temperature very low - you do not want to brown the garlic.
- When ready to prepare the meal, remove shells from shrimp and de-vein, if necessary; set them aside.
- Prepare pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is boiling, turn the heat up a bit on the oil/butter mixture and add the shrimp in a single layer.
- Cook shrimp until done, which should only take about 2 minutes max per side. I have found that once I flip the shrimp in the pan, I cook the other side only for 1 minute longer then remove them to a plate and cover them - the heat will continue to cook them, without over-cooking them and making them tough.
- Drain pasta and add it to the oil/butter in the pan; add the shrimp.
- Toss pasta and shrimp to coat with the oil and butter mixture.
- Place pasta and shrimp on serving plate and top with fresh chives and parmesan; serve immediately.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating15 people
I can't wait to make this. It really sounds good :)donman in Hammond loved it
Definitely my kind of dish!!! And a beautiful pic, as well. Flagged & 5 big forks :)californiacook in loved it
wow - my hubby would love this. He loves garlic & shrimp! Thanks :)jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!