Raspberry Swirl CheesecakeFrom girlieerin 9 years ago
- 1 cup finely ground graham crackers shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 6 ounces raspberries shopping list
- 32 ounces cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 large eggs, room temperature shopping list
- boiling water, for roasting pan shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap exterior of a 9-inch springform pan (including base) in a double layer of foil; set aside.
- Stir together cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 2 tablespoons sugar in a medium bowl. Press crumb mixture firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake until set, about 10 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Process raspberries in a food processor until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pass puree through a fine sieve into a small bowl; discard solids. Whisk in 2 tablespoons sugar, and set aside.
- Put cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. With mixer on low speed, add remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar in a slow, steady stream. Add salt and vanilla; mix until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing each until just combined (do not overmix). Pour cream cheese filling over crust.
- Drop raspberry sauce by the teaspoon on top. With a wooden skewer or toothpick, swirl sauce into filling.
- Set cake pan inside a large, shallow roasting pan. Transfer to oven. Carefully ladle boiling water into roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of cake pan. Bake until cake is set but still slightly wobbly in center, 60 to 65 minutes.
- Transfer cake pan to rack; let cake cool completely. Refrigerate, uncovered, 6 hours or overnight. Before unmolding, run a knife around edge of cake.
- View Step by Step Images for this recipe at ErinCooks.com
The Cookgirlieerin Cambridge, MA
The Rating7 people
This is fabulous! We just had it tonite. I used low fat cream cheese, not fat free, and it was very yummy! Thank you for posting such a yummy and pretty recipe.trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
I should have checked this one before I made my strawberry cheesecake.It seems that I will be one of your dessert fans..ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
As a Berries fan .. I love dis one : )cholena in Food World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!