Cantaloupe Cream CakeFrom ahmed1 9 years ago
- Cake: shopping list
- 4 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 Tb Cold water shopping list
- 1 cupSifted cake flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- cantaloupe cream: shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup cantaloupe, pureed shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tbsp. butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F,grease a 20cm loose bottom cake pan with butter,line with parchement paper and grease the paper.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar together until very light. Add water. Sift together flour and baking powder. Add to batter. Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake. Cool completely and invert onto cake platter.Slice cake in half and return one half into the cake pan after being washed.
- Cantaloupe cream:
- 1-Chop up 1/4-1/2 a cantaloupe and puree in a food processor. 1/2 a smallish cantaloupe will make around 1.5-2 cups.
- 2-Combine the sugar and flour in a saucepan; add eggs, mixing well. Stir in the cantaloupe puree. Turn heat on to medium and cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and butter. Set aside to cool, and chill once cooled for 3 hours.
- 3-Take out from fridge,give it a stirr and pour over the first cake slice prepared in the loose bottom cake pan,cover with the second cake slice.
- 4-Whisk the liquid cream with the powder sugar untill stiff peaks and spread it over the top of the cake evenly using a spatula.Using a strait sharp knife,make 4 paralall decorative stripes .Chill
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating15 people
wounderfully delicious..yummmy!!!chezzane in loved it
This sounds great. It is a fantastic recepie, I am a big fan of canteloupes.chriesi in Zuerich loved it
You've done it again! Another winner of a recipe! How unique to use cantelope in a dessert recipe. Ahmed this sounds so light and refreshing. Another perfect dessert for the spring and summer months! Thank you!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!