Blueberry CheesecakeFrom lor 6 years ago
- For the crust: shopping list
- 2 cups shortbread crumbs (about 20 to 25 shortbread cookies finely crushed) shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- Generously butter a 9-inch springform pan. shopping list
- Combine the shortbread crumbs and the butter in a bowl and mix well. shopping list
- Pack the crumbs into the pan, making sure to spread them about a quarter of the way up the sides of the pan. shopping list
- Place the crust in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling. shopping list
- For the filling: shopping list
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 large egg yolk shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 cups ripe blueberries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the cream cheese and the sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Mix at medium speed until smooth and fluffy (4 to 5 minutes).
- Beat the eggs and the yolk in one at a time making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add the heavy cream, the lemon zest and juice, the flour, vanilla and the salt.
- Mix well.
- Using a rubber spatula, carefully mix in the blueberries.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan.
- Place the pan in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 200 degrees F. and bake for an hour.
- Once done, turn off the oven and open the door slightly.
- Leave the cheesecake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cool, refrigerate the cheesecake overnight (or for about 8 hours) before serving.
- Serve the cheesecake with a fruit sauce like raspberry curd.
- From Luscious Berry Desserts by Lori Longbotham.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating12 people
Yummmmmmmmmmmy!organicmama in loved it
Holy Cow....I bookmarked this.... love the pic of it..zena824 in Somewhere, USA loved it
Cheesecake is my signature dessert, and I can see that this is a really good recipe. Very professional/gourmet.
I'm going to bookmark this.
=)pinkpasta in Upstate loved it
Cheesecake Lovers337 members
Pass Down Recipes312 members
All Holidays135 members
Pot Luck Entertaining101 members
A Dash Or Two21 members
Sweet Treats15 members
SUMMERTIME SCRUMPTIOUS SENSATIONS25 members
Sugar From Mama13 members
Recipes For A Cause24 members
Cakes Of Any Type142 members