Macaroni PIe Memas favoriteFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 1 ten ounce package of elbow macaroni shopping list
- 1 quart of water shopping list
- 1 pound of medium sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 3 eggs beaten shopping list
- 2 cups of milk shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp of dry mustard shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 6-8 grates of fresh nutmeg on microplane shopping list
How to make it
- preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Bring one quart of cold water to a boil and cook the macaroni to the al dente stage, you want them firm because you are baking it longer, stir it occasionally to keep from sticking.
- DO NOT DRAIN.
- You will need the residual water in the pan, most of it will be absorbed at this point anyway.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Place mixture in a buttered casserole and bake in the very hot oven for 35 to 40 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Allow to rest at least 10 minutes before attempting to eat, it will be very very hot.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating9 people
Hey... I'm a Memaw... so I will love this... besides I have not met a mac and cheese that I did not like!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
This is perfection, my friend!! LOVIN it!!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Tina, do you think the results would be drastically different if I lowered the temp to 350 & increased the baking time a bit? I want to put it in the oven with meatloaf. Thanks!DetroitTokyo in Detroit loved it