Egg Foo RamenFrom pressurecooker 8 years ago
- 1 package beef-flavored ramen noodles shopping list
- 1 cup hot water shopping list
- 1 cup cold water shopping list
- 1/2 cup (or more) onion, thinly sliced into strips (use scallions, if available) shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- optional ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup precooked meat of your choice, diced finely shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 1 cup hot water to boil and cook ramen noodles until barely tender. The water should all be absorbed. Pour cold water on them to stop cooking, and let set until cooled a little.
- While noodles are cooling, chop onion and celery.
- After noodles have cooled enough to not cook eggs, drain them if there is any extra water on them. Sprinkle with seasoning packet. Add onion, celery and eggs, and mix thoroughly. (Add meat , too, if you choose to use it.) Mixture should be pretty juicy.
- Heat skillet or griddle. Pour about a tablespoon oil in pan, coating surface. Pour about 1/4 cup egg/noodle mix into "patties" and cook until set and a little browned. Turn and cook other side until egg is completely set. Remove to a plate and keep warm in the oven until the rest are cooked. Celery and onion will be crisp/tender.
- Serve warm. We eat them cooled as finger food for snacks, or for a main dish breakfast or supper food. You can serve them with your favorite sauce, if you so desire.
The Cookpressurecooker There Are No Eats Here, MO
The Rating8 people
Fun idea and very pantry-friendly! Thanks for sharing! - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
Sounds easy enough. 5 forks!ozsmom in Nepean loved it
Yum! I can't wait to try this!! (will probably try it with added mushrooms & tofu too). Thanks so much for sharing :)aluminum_chef in Montreal loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!