Vidalia Onion CornbreadFrom craners 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 of a stick) shopping list
- 1 large Georgia vidalia onion but I'm sure a Washington Walla Walla would work too! ;) shopping list
- 1 (8oz) package of cornbread/muffin mix shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese...OH YEAH shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed =) shopping list
- PREHEAT OVEN to 450 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with vegetable oil cooking spray. shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, melt the better and saute the onion until tender but not browned, for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the muffin mix, egg, milk, sour cream, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the salt, and dill weed. Stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared pan and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until set and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean. Allow to cool slighty before cutting into squares.
The Cookcraners Coarsegold, CA
The Rating13 people
Awesome! I love cornbread, thanks!lillyann in Chicago loved it
Wow... you posting! ;-), this is really good!berry in loved it
Fantastic recipe! Thank you so much! =)lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!