Vidalia Onion CornbreadFrom craners 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 of a stick) shopping list
- 1 large Georgia vidalia onion but I'm sure a Washington Walla Walla would work too! ;) shopping list
- 1 (8oz) package of cornbread/muffin mix shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese...OH YEAH shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed =) shopping list
- PREHEAT OVEN to 450 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with vegetable oil cooking spray. shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, melt the better and saute the onion until tender but not browned, for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the muffin mix, egg, milk, sour cream, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the salt, and dill weed. Stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared pan and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until set and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread comes out clean. Allow to cool slighty before cutting into squares.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookcraners Coarsegold, CA
The Rating13 people
Awesome! I love cornbread, thanks!lillyann in Colorado Springs loved it
Wow... you posting! ;-), this is really good!berry in Winter Park loved it
Fantastic recipe! Thank you so much! =)lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!