Mardi Gras Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Bourbon and PecansFrom shandy 6 years ago
- Equipment shopping list
- stand mixer with paddle attachment shopping list
- 12 cup tube pan or Bundt pan, greased and floured shopping list
- medium bowl shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- cake shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup bourbon (or milk) shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted shopping list
- glaze shopping list
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk shopping list
- COLORED sugarS shopping list
- dark green shopping list
- yellow shopping list
- dark lavender shopping list
How to make it
- 1. CAKE: Set oven rack in the middle and preheat oven to 325° F.
- 2. In the bowl of the stand mixer, cream together the butter and the cream cheese. Add the sugar a little at a time, mixing on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 3. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low just until the yolk is no longer visible.
- 4. In the medium bowl, sift together the flour and the salt. Add the flour and salt to the butter mixture a little at a time, alternating with the bourbon, mixing on low each time just until blended. Be gentle. Don’t over mix, or the cake will be tough and lose volume. Start with the flour and end with the flour. (You can also do this part by hand using a spatula to fold in the flour and bourbon.)
- 5. Gently fold in the vanilla extract and the pecans.
- 6. Pour into the prepared tube/Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes, using a long bamboo skewer to check cake consistency. Skewer should come out dry, but may have a few crumbs clinging. Remove from oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on the wire rack.
- 7. GLAZE: In the bowl of the stand mixer, cream together the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla. Add the sifted sugar a little at a time until the sugar is fully mixed in. Add milk a little at a time, mixing as you go, until the glaze drizzles easily from a spoon. Depending on humidity, you may need a little more or a little less milk.
- 8. DECORATE: Drizzle the glaze around the top of the cake, allowing it to run down the sides. Sprinkle the colored sugars on top of the glaze.
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating9 people
I LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it!!! This recipe looks like it's a 5 fork. I can hardly wait to bake it and thank you so much Shandy for sharing your recipe.chacha in New York loved it
WHOOT! how wonderful Shandy girl! ^5 Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Oh my gosh! This cake recipe looks tops and thank you for sharing it Shandy.lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!