Grilled CabbageFrom donman 6 years ago
How to make it
- Allow the head of cabbage to come to room temperature.
- Remove any bruised outer leaves from the cabbage and discard.
- Wash and dry the head of cabbage.
- Cut head into 6 wedges.
- Remove core from each wedge.
- Cut and lay out 6 squares of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place each wedge in the center of a square and heavily cover with liquid butter.
- Heavily cover each wedge with seasoning mix.
- Pull up two sides of the foil and fold over about ½ inch. Keep folding until it reaches tie top of the cabbage wedge.
- Twist each end of the foil to create a loose pouch around each wedge.
- Preheat grill (on medium heat) till about 300 deg.
- Place the foiled wedges (on indirect heat) on the grill.
- For small to medium head of cabbage grill for 45 minutes.
- For medium to large head of cabbage grill for 60 minutes.
- One at a time, remove foil pouch from the grill with thongs and cut one side of the pouch off.
- Open up the end and slide out the cabbage and all of the juice into a bowl.
- Discard any burnt cabbage leaves and foil pouches.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookdonman Hammond, LA
The Rating15 people
Donman, I've been making this recipe for years and have shared it on other recipe sites. Glad it got included in this group because it is an excellent recipe. I got it from my friend, Vicki, who owns her own restaurant. 5 for sure! - Susanasusana in Mandeville loved it
I am wondering if I will do this tonight...The Corned-Beef is already stinky and I can't stand that St. P day cabbage smell, lol...I am still debating...egravinapooh in Acra loved it
Very good idea. I have often used the grill even in winter to cook (keeps smells and mess and heat to minimum)tazoncaffeine in Manchester loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!