FattoushFrom jimrug1 8 years ago
- 1 pomegranate shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 1 cup cubed, peeled cucumber shopping list
- 1 cup minced scallions shopping list
- 1 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped young Purslane Leaves ( watercress can be substituted.) shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or more to taste) shopping list
- 1 Tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 Tsp ground Sumac shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed. shopping list
- 1 Loaf Arabic bread (Pita), toasted shopping list
- olive oil for brushing. shopping list
How to make it
- Split Pita into 2 halves, brush all sides with Olive Oil.
- Toast in a 300F oven until golden and crisp. Break into small pieces.
- Remove the whole seeds from half the pomegratate and toss in a bowl with all the salad ingredients.
- Combine Garlic and Salt in a Pestle and crush into a paste. Add to a jar with the remaining dressing ingredients and shake to combine. Pour over Salad.
- Squeeze juice from the other half of Polmegranate over salad and mix well.
- Fold bread pieces into salad immediately before serving.
- Garnish with whole mint or parsley leaves.
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating18 people
Delightful..all the flavors..Greeks use purslane alot..very rare to see it in a recipe ..great post, Jim!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
This sounds so flavorful. I can't resist it because of the sumac! If I can't find the watercress or purslane what would you suggest? I am anxious to try this. A 5.grandmommy in Nashville loved it
Wonderful. I love bread salads and this sounds like a winner.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!