Roman ChickenFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves, with ribs shopping list
- 2 skinless chicken thighs, with bones shopping list
- (if you use boneless, shorten cooking time) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus 1 teaspoon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus 1 teaspoon shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced shopping list
- 3 ounces prosciutto, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons capers shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- In a heavy, large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, cook the chicken until browned on both sides.
- Don't try to turn until brown, if it sticks, it's not good and brown yet.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Keeping the same pan over medium heat, add the peppers and prosciutto and cook until the peppers have browned and the prosciutto is crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, and herbs.
- Using a wooden spoon, scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Return the chicken to the pan, add the stock, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 30-40 minutes for bone-in.
- If serving immediately, add the capers and the parsley.
- Stir to combine and serve. If making ahead of time, transfer the chicken and sauce to a storage container, cool, and refrigerate.
- The next day, reheat the chicken to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in the capers and the parsley and serve
People Who Like This Dish 61
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating22 people
hmmmmmmm this sounds and looks great thank you keep em comingminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Sounds wonderful sparow. I'd love a plate right now lol It's lunch time for me. Great post. Got my 5danadooley in Singapore loved it
That is just so gorgeous, Sparow. I'm bookmarking to try. Thanks so much!!lunasea in Orlando loved it