Close Encounters Garlic Mashed Potatoes With Mushroom And Vegetable GravyFrom trigger 5 years ago
- 4 Jumbo sized russet potatoes about 2 1/2 pounds shopping list
- 1 large spanish onion rough chopped into large 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 Head of garlic shopping list
- 6 mushrooms sliced shopping list
- A 2-inch wide strip of red bell pepper shopping list
- 3 cherry tomatoes chopped shopping list
- 1-cup plain soy milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 teaspoons sea salt shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of dried mushroom powder shopping list
- 1-teaspoon Chipotle chili pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of cold water shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of corn starch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of Bragg Amino Acid shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub the head of garlic with olive oil and place it into a ramekin
- Rub each potato with some more olive oil
- Place the garlic and the potatoes into the oven and bake for 40 minutes
- Remove the garlic and let cool, return the potatoes to the oven and bake for another 20m minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, make the mushroom gravy
- In a saucepan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Add the onions and the red pepper cook until onions are caramelized
- Add the mushrooms and cook for another five minutes.
- In a small container, add the water and the cornstarch, mix until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add the cornstarch and water mixture slowly to the pan and stir until all of the caramelized bits are dissolved, adjust the amount of water if necessary.
- Add the Bragg Amino Acid and set aside.
- A neat trick; Pass the whole roasted garlic head through the ricer, remove the skins.
- In a bowl from your stand mixer, pass the potatoes through a ricer they will clean out the rest of the garlic in the ricer, remove the skins and rough chop.
- Place the skins back onto the baking sheet with a teaspoon of olive oil and a little sea salt and place under the broiler to crisp up like bacon bits.
- Now add the soy milk the Chipotle pepper, some fresh ground black pepper, and the remaining teaspoon of olive oil to the bowl.
- Place the bowl into your Stand mixer with the mixing paddle attached, whip for 1 minute on high.
- Place a mound of the potatoes in the center of a plate
- Then shape them into a mountain with a fork and flatten the top
- Pour some gravy on top and let it drizzle down one side to give a volcano effect.
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating14 people
thats too funny i just watched that movie a few weeks ago lol......thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I'd climb that mountain to get to the vegies....... sounds great Michael.....theresal in Littleton loved it
Awesome! Loved the movie, really love these! Always looking for good vegan recipes for my daughter-in-law who also has celiac diseae but this is one that I will really enjoy myself. Thanks!
PS Where would I get the amino acid-health food store?mao65 in Griffith loved it