Steak au Poivre VertFrom mjcmcook 6 years ago
- 1 1/3 to 2 pounds tender boneless beef steak shopping list
- 1 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 6 Tbsp brandy..or fruit-flavored brandy, apricot, peach or blackberry shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced shallots or green onions shopping list
- 2 Tbsp canned green peppercorns, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 3/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dry tarragon or 1 Tbsp fresh shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook your choice of steak in butter and oil according to your preference.
- .When meat is cooked, add brandy to pan and set aflame! NOT under exhaust fan! Shaking pan until flame dies.
- Remove meat from pan and keep warm under foil.
- Add shallots to pan; cook over high heat, stirring until soft(2 to 3 minutes)
- Measure peppercorns into a small strainer; quickly rinse under cold water and drain.
- Add peppercorns to pan along with cream, mustard, tarragon and any accumulated steak juices.
- Boil over high heat. stirring until shiny bubbles for (3 to 4 minutes).
- Season meat with salt and pepper to taste and spoon sauce over meat.
- (If flank steak is used, thinly slice at an angle across the grain before topping with sauce.)
- Wonderful with a Full-bodied "Bordeaux"
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookmjcmcook Beach City, CA
The Rating18 people
My mouth is watering! Thanks for the great post!pat2me in Nashua loved it
I would like to have this right now, it sounds so delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Fabulous!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
French Group132 members
Party Food316 members
Family Favourites134 members
NEW ORLEANS63 members
On The Book Shelf76 members
OoLaLa Cookin French Like The French Cook French43 members
Vive La France28 members
Meat Glorious Meat62 members