Slow Cooker Burrito FIlling RecipeFrom keni 8 years ago
- 3-4lbs boneless chicken breasts, pork or venison roast shopping list
- 1 26oz jar salsa(I find it best to use one of the specialty varieties such as lime/garlic, black bean/corn, etc shopping list
- 1 can black beans(not drained) shopping list
- 1T Tajin seasoning shopping list
- 1 8oz block cream cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse and pat dry meat then season with salt and pepper.
- Place in slow cooker and pour over salsa and black beans.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on low, depending on your cooker, until meat is able to be shredded. Shred meat carefully and add cream cheese. Cook on high until just melted and combined. Serve wrapped in warm tortillas, burrito style or over nachos or rice.
- *the heat on this can easily be adjusted by the type of salsa, as well as the addition of sliced hot peppers, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 63
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating17 people
Mmmmm, love this. So easy, yet so good!auntybea in Vernon loved it
How'd I miss this before. Sounds really good. And easy like auntbea says. I put cream cheese in my chicken enchiladas all the time, so this should be good.justjakesmom in Everett loved it
i made this to heat up for quick lunches since we are moving. i used pork and i had some leftover salsa in the freezer to use up. it was very satisfying for what little effort was involved. thank you for such an easy and inexpensive recipe. we used i...moremissdrea in Milwaukee loved it