Mushroom Stroganoff With Seitan Over Red Fingerling Fanned PotatoesFrom trigger 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- For the Stroganoff shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter divided shopping list
- 2 large shallots, minced shopping list
- 1 package of dried Morels rehydrate shopping list
- 1 pound of baby portabella mushrooms shopping list
- 1 pound of shitake mushrooms stems removed and torn into pieces shopping list
- 1 Package of Westsoy vegetarian Stir Fry Strips (seitan) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable or mushroom stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon or more fresh thyme, chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- ½-cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped shopping list
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- For the Fingerling potatoes: shopping list
- 1 pound of organic red fingerling potatoes shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of course sea salt shopping list
- Enough water to cover potatoes shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan melt two tablespoons of butter over medium heat and add the shallots, cook until tender about five minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pot and cook until tender. Add the broth, wine, and salt and pepper if desired.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down heat and simmer for about ten minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, in a separate pan melt the remaining butter over medium heat.
- Stir the flour into the butter until absorbed to make a roux.
- Pour the mushroom mixture into the roux and bring to a boil, turn down the heat and stir until thickened.
- Add the Seitan
- Stir in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese, and parsley
- For the fingerling potatoes:
- Clean and remove any eyes from the potatoes
- Make several thin slices through the potato, leaving a half inch to ¾ inch on the end unsliced.
- Par boil the potatoes in boiling water for 6 minutes cool slightly
- Apply even pressure with the side of your chef knife to make a fan shape out of the potatoes
- Place them on to a foil lined cookie tray.
- Drizzle some Olive oil and sprinkle some course sea salt over them
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes and remove from oven
- Place enough potatoes fans in a circle around the plate
- Mound some Mushroom stroganoff in the center of the potatoes.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating18 people
wonderful michael ^5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Michael this sounds delicious! I love mushrooms and this dish looks like the flavors of the potatoes and mushrooms would compliment each other. You have my 5! debdmajor in Slidell loved it
hmmmm looks and sounds yummy!! I love my fungus!!ravenseyes in Belcamp loved it
Vegetarian 4 Carnivores46 members
Mad About Mushrooms94 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Checkin Central283 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
YOUNG AT HEART48 members
The Unbroken Circle 335 members
Checkins Round Table39 members
Recipes By You102 members
Fungus Amoung Us35 members