Homemade Microwave PopcornFrom 10gallonhat 10 years ago
How to make it
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients, so that the kernels are coated nicely with the oil and salt.
- Pour the kernels into the bottom of the lunch bag.
- Make two 1/2 inch folds from the top of the bag creating a seal.
- Using Two Staples (no more, no less!) staple the bag shut.
- Lay the bag on its side - allowing the kernels to spread out in a single layer.
- Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes.
- When the kernels are popping only more than every 3 seconds - it is done. Anymore and it will burn!
- Carefully remove the popcorn from the bag - there will be lots of hot steam.
- Flavor the popcorn with anything you like and enjoy!
- (**Note**) Putting metal in the microwave is not safe, but two staples is not enough metal to cause any unwanted problems. This has been tested and confirmed by several sources, so this method is considered safe.
The Cook10gallonhat Minneapolis, MN
The Rating24 people
This was so wonderful! I skipped the butter as you suggested and gave hot sauce a try. I was VERY shocked at how good this was. I never knew.
Thanks so much.kristopher in San Francisco loved it
I was looking for a way to do this and this works great
psy333che in Long Branch loved it
Great suggestion to use a grocery bag to up the quantity. How much popcorn did you put in the big bag?10gallonhat in Minneapolis loved it