Roasted Beet and Walnut Dressing SaladFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 6-8 fresh beets, scrubbed and trimmed. shopping list
- aluminum foil shopping list
- 2/3 cup of toasted walnuts shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup of olive oil (splurge and add a tablespoon of walnut oil,too) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, fresh shopping list
- 1/2 cup of yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of chile pepper (ancho) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of smoky paprika shopping list
- several grinds of black pepper shopping list
- pinch of coarse sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Double wrap the peeled trimmed beets in foil, rubbed with tiny bit of olive oil.
- Bake for 50 minutes, until tender.
- Chop in fairly large chunks.
- Meanwhile, process the walnuts, garlic, oil, lemon juice and yogurt until smooth.
- Add the seasonings.
- Taste and adjust for salt tolerence.
- Dress beets with scant amount of dressing.
- Good at room temp, or chilled.
- Serve extra dressing on side.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating11 people
oh yeah! that's a five!mamalou in Attleboro loved it
Yummooo!! I love this recipe. This dressing goes perfect with the beets....;-)~~ With regards to your statement below. I can't think of too many veggies, warm or cold, this dressing would not be delicious on.... ;-)~~ Thanks for sharing... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Thank you for sharing this great recipe I love those beets and this dressing sounds wonderful.
Five forkstrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!