Ziti with chicken in creamy pesto sauceFrom juels 8 years ago
- 1 lb ziti, or any tube pasta shopping list
- 1 pkge frozen peas and carrots, defrosted shopping list
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 cups basil leaves shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1/3 cup pinenuts OR walnuts shopping list
- 1/3 cup parmesan and romano grated cheese mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add ziti and cook according to package directions for about 10 min, or until just done. Add peas and carrots during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Hint: make sure that peas and carrots are well defrosted, otherwise they may not cook all the way and be crunchy.
- Meanwhile, brown chicken breasts on both sides in a skillet with some oil until no longer pink inside. Cut in strips and set aside. Hint: if you cover skillet with a lid, the chicken won't stick to pan and cook through faster.
- For pesto sauce: Combine 2 cups basil leaves, garlic, nuts, parmesan and romano cheese and salt in a food processor. Turn on and blend while streaming in olive oil. Make the pesto kind of thick, since you'll be adding cream to it. If too loose, add more nuts and cheese.
- Spoon the sauce into a bowl and stir in the heavy cream.
- Drain pasta and veggies; add chicken strips and pesto sauce. Toss to combine.
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped walnuts and grated parmesan.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating11 people
Sounds good to this kid! FIVE :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Nice fast and easy recipe.. Thanks for sharing... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
Love it! My family will thank you... :D
So glad you shared...
Deb~pinkpasta in Upstate loved it