Kielbasa And Potato SoupFrom lor 7 years ago
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter / margarine shopping list
- 2 - 3 large potatoes or 4 cups diced potatoes shopping list
- 1 pound kielbasa or your favourite sausage, sliced in 1/2" thick slices or cubed shopping list
- Note: You can omit the kielbasa if you want a plain potato soup. shopping list
- 1 celery rib, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 pkg. chicken OXO or Bovril - low sodium shopping list
- Note: OXO or Bovril is meat flavouring. shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 cups homogenized milk but if you're watching the calories, 1% or 2% is fine. shopping list
- 3/4 cup dehydrated potato flakes shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and minced garlic in butter.
- Add potatoes, sausage, celery, water, OXO and pepper.
- Cook on low heat for about 50 minutes or until potatoes are creamy.
- Add milk and cook until heated through.
- Then add instant potato flakes.
- If you want a more creamy soup add only 1/2 cup potato flakes.
- I prefer a thicker soup so I add 3/4 to 1 cup of potato flakes.
- Before serving, allow soup to sit for approximately 10 minutes to thicken, then serve.
People Who Like This Dish 16
- Ganny Port Colborne, Canada
- JABNJENN Nowhere, Us
- ariadnebarzane Phoenix, AZ
- shazam New York, NY
- mrsc543 North Reading, MA
- lumpy1 Markham, IL
- chihuahua Sonoma County, USA
- laurieg Wilmington, MA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating19 people
Kielbasa and potatoes are a great combination! Yummy, high 5!juels in Clayton loved it
Good morning, Lor hon...and thank you for such a wonderful recipe. It sounds like a warm bowl of comfort to me. I wish I had some right now. High 5... :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Hi, Lor......this sounds very comforting indeed.
I love creamy soups, thanks for posting!pat2me in Nashua loved it