Kielbasa And Potato SoupFrom lor 5 years ago
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 - 3 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter / margarine shopping list
- 2 - 3 large potatoes or 4 cups diced potatoes shopping list
- 1 pound kielbasa or your favourite sausage, sliced in 1/2" thick slices or cubed shopping list
- Note: You can omit the kielbasa if you want a plain potato soup. shopping list
- 1 celery rib, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 pkg. chicken OXO or Bovril - low sodium shopping list
- Note: OXO or Bovril is meat flavouring. shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 cups homogenized milk but if you're watching the calories, 1% or 2% is fine. shopping list
- 3/4 cup dehydrated potato flakes shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and minced garlic in butter.
- Add potatoes, sausage, celery, water, OXO and pepper.
- Cook on low heat for about 50 minutes or until potatoes are creamy.
- Add milk and cook until heated through.
- Then add instant potato flakes.
- If you want a more creamy soup add only 1/2 cup potato flakes.
- I prefer a thicker soup so I add 3/4 to 1 cup of potato flakes.
- Before serving, allow soup to sit for approximately 10 minutes to thicken, then serve.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating19 people
Kielbasa and potatoes are a great combination! Yummy, high 5!juels in Clayton loved it
Good morning, Lor hon...and thank you for such a wonderful recipe. It sounds like a warm bowl of comfort to me. I wish I had some right now. High 5... :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
Hi, Lor......this sounds very comforting indeed.
I love creamy soups, thanks for posting!pat2me in Nashua loved it