Jalapeno Chipotle Turkey SaladFrom lunasea 5 years ago
- 3 cups of turkey (light or dark), cubed – I used white because I’m using the dark for a posole or chili tomorrow shopping list
- ½ cup green onions, chopped (whites and greens) – can use white, yellow or red onion shopping list
- ½ cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers, stemmed and seeded (my jalapenos were large – I had about 1/3 cup chopped or so and they weren’t really hot – so adjust accordingly for your taste. I will try serranos the next time out) shopping list
- 1/3 cup of red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro (or sub Italian parsley if desired) shopping list
- ~~~ shopping list
- Dressing: shopping list
- ¾ cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 2 tsp. of mayo (I like Duke’s or Hellman’s) shopping list
- 1 heaping teaspoon of chipotle powder (if you aren’t so inclined, you could used a smoked paprika…but the chipotle powder really shines here) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional) shopping list
- cracked black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cube the turkey and chop the veggies.
- Stir together the yogurt, mayo, chipotle powder, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes (if adding) and garlic powder.
- Add the yogurt mixture into the chicken and stir together completely.
- Add all the veggies and the cilantro and stir until mixed.
- Adjust for salt...you may have to add a little here.
- Chill for an hour before serving to marry the flavors.
- Note: I served my plate tonight with cukes, radishes and some slices of olive bread. Delish!
- * Makes about 6 sammies – could serve with chips of your choice.
- **Or mound chicken salad in the center of a big platter. Serve-with suggestions:
- ~Toasted bread slices of choice – I use EV olive oil to paint the bread before toasting.
- ~Pita or flatbread, warmed and torn or cut into pieces
- ~Pepperoncini peppers (love 'em and always have them on hand)
- ~Olives (Your fave, but I love stuffed olives w/ garlic, feta, blue cheese and/or almonds)
- ~Cucumber slices
- ~Trimmed radishes (can serve them with softened unsalted butter and sea salt...or any assortment of flavored butter).
- ~Various crackers...I like hearty, thick crackers with seeds
- ~Seedless red grapes
- ~Apple slices (I like Granny Smith for their tart crispiness)...or use your fave
- ~Grape Tomatoes
- ~Toasted whole almonds or nuts of choice.
- ~Any cheese you might like...a Brie would work great here
- ~Good company
- Delicious and hearty. Everyone likes making their own plate and digging in. Enjoy.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating14 people
Oh WOW never done THAT with a turkey before ;) Gonna try this with Christmas leftovers. Great idea, thanks sweetie and great to see your wonderful recipes again :)danadooley in Singapore loved it
Fantastic! Fantastic! Fantastic! OMG I might have missed this before going to bed. I have printed it out and made my grocery list so I can make this true masterpiece for myself.
Flagged as beautiful , Unique
Great step by steps
...moretrigger in loved it
Wonderful recipe!! I wish I had seen this before all of the leftovers were gone.
Thanks for the recipe.
Ferricookinggood in Leesburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!