Black Forest Mushrooms In Tomato Sauce And Wild Rice Over Creamy Polenta And Feta CheeseFrom trigger 6 years ago
- SAUCE: shopping list
- One ¾ oz. package of Dried Black Forest mushrooms aka shiitake mushrooms reconstituted in 1 cup of hot water. shopping list
- 6 fresh baby Portabella mushrooms left whole shopping list
- 2 cloves of organic garlic shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of organic fresh oregano shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 rib of celery sliced thin shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of diced organic tomatoes with juice. shopping list
- ¼-cup wild rice shopping list
- olive oil for frying about two tablespoons shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- FOR THE polenta shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable broth or chicken stock. shopping list
- 1 and 1/ 2 cups polenta shopping list
- 1 leek cleaned and green pars trimmed off sautéed in a tablespoon of olive oil and a dash of sea salt until tender. shopping list
- 1/3 cup feta cheese shopping list
- 4 tablespoons of sweet unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of quality olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoons of crushed green pepper corns shopping list
- ½ teaspoons of crushed red pepper shopping list
- ¼ to 1/2 cup of heavy cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of organic oregano shopping list
- 1 tablespoons of parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Start the polenta by bringing the broth to a boil add the polenta and cook until it comes starts to bubble add the herbs and feta cheese and the cream and butter the green pepper corns and whip until smooth and creamy add the leeks set aside.
- In a small fry pan sauté the garlic the celery in the olive oil until soft about two minutes.
- Add the herbs and sauté for another minute to release the oils.
- Add the tomatoes and the mushrooms and water from reconstituted mushrooms and the wild rice simmer for ¾ of an hour adding more water as necessary.
- Now add about a half cup of water to the polenta and reheat it stirring frequently adding enough water for a creamy consistency.
- Add the polenta to the plate and top with the tomato mixture.
- Suggestions add toasted pine nuts and Parmesan curls on top.
- Serve with a red wine enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating14 people
What a wonderful vegetarian meal! The polenta especially sounds delicious :-)
fete cheese not feta, right?luisascatering in San Carlos loved it
FABULOUS MICHAEL THESE IS WONDERFUL; YUM YUM
I REALLY LIKE POLENTA TOO.......
FIVE PLUS PLUS PLUS LOVE THE PICTURES TOO GREAT PRESENTATION .........
BIG SMILE..... TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Michael, this sounds warm, yummy, and comforting all at the same time. Love the polenta and the mushrooms (you can never have enough mushrooms!)I also like the addition of the toasted pine nuts. Great job with the pictures, as always:) High-five!angelinaw in St Louis loved it
Italian Group93 members
Checkin Central283 members
Man Food60 members
Recipes By You103 members
Monthly Contest103 members
FABULOUS FRUGAL FOODIES249 members
Fungus Amoung Us35 members
MOST REQUESTED RECIPES36 members
AlcoholFree Virgin Versions5 members
Foraging Fun3 members