Deep Dish Pecan PieFrom shandy 6 years ago
- *PIE CRUST* shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 2 T. white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c. butter, chilled shopping list
- 4 T. ice water shopping list
- *PIE FILLING* shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. light corn syrup shopping list
- 4 T. dark corn syrup shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. light brown sugar shopping list
- 6 T. butter, melted shopping list
- 1 pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 c. pecans, finely crushed shopping list
- 1 c. pecans, quartered shopping list
- 1 c. pecan halves shopping list
How to make it
- **Requires Deep Dish Pie Pan**
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pie Crust:
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and white sugar. Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually sprinkle the water over the dry mixture, stirring until dough comes together enough to form a ball. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, flatten dough ball with rolling pin. Roll out into a circle that is one inch larger than pie dish. Place pie shell into dish and refrigerate until pie filling is complete.
- Pie Filling:
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, light and dark corn syrups, brown sugar, butter, salt and finely crushed pecans. Spread quartered pecans over bottom of refrigerated pie crust. Pour syrup mixture over top of pecans, then arrange pecan halves on top of pie.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Now cover pie with foil so as not to burn pecans or crust edge and bake for an additional 60 minutes.
- **Important**- Please allow pie to cool for about 1 hour so as to fully set up in the middle before eating. Fresh whipped cream is soooo good with the pecan pie.
People Who Like This Dish 47
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating17 people
I will have to try this recipe. My husband loves pecan pie and I do too!
I am going to make this pie this upcoming weekend. Thanks for the recipe with great pictures. I've never made a pecan pie before.
This is really good! I made it today. Thanks Shandy!!!!