Pecan Caramel TartFrom ahmed1 8 years ago
- Pate Brisee (Short Crust Pastry): shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups (175 grams) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, chilled, and cut into 1 inch (2.54 cm) pieces shopping list
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup (30 - 60 ml) ice water shopping list
- For filling shopping list
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup shopping list
- 3 cups pecan halves (about 10 ounces) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- 1-In a food processor, place the flour, salt, and sugar and process until combined. Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal . Pour 1/8 cup (30 ml) water in a slow, steady stream, through the feed tube until the dough just holds together when pinched. If necessary, add more water. Do not process more than 1 minute.
- Turn the dough onto your work surface and gather into a ball. Flatten into a disk, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour before using.
- After the dough has chilled sufficiently, place on a lightly floured surface, and roll into a 13 inch (33 cm) circle.Fold the dough in half and gently transfer to a 9 inch (23 cm) pie pan. Brush off any excess flour and tuck the overhanging pastry under itself. Use a fork to make a decorative border or else crimp the edges using your fingers. Chill covered for about 30 minutes before pouring in the filling.
- For filling:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in heavy medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring often. Boil 1 minute. Stir in nuts and cream. Boil until mixture thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour hot filling into crust. Using spoon, evenly distribute nuts. Bake until filling bubbles all over, about 10 minutes. Transfer pie to rack and cool.
- Serve warm or cold.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating11 people
I made this last week and just wanted to eat it all myself. Unfortuneately, I am a small girl and if I did that with all your recipes I would not be small anymore. But it was fun making it and tasting it. I am caregiver for my parents and disabled hu...moremystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Being from Georgia, there are pecan trees all over town where I live. We love pecans and this recipe sounds delicious. Got my 5! Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Yum, this looks so beautiful, love it. Can't wait to give it a try, thanks for the wonderful post, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!