Tyler Florences New York Strip Steak with Brandied Mushrooms and Fresh ThymeFrom sparow64 5 years ago
- 4 New York strip steaks, each about 1 1/2 inches thick shopping list
- extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 pounds wild mushrooms, trimmed, brushed clean with a towel and stemmed, caps left whole shopping list
- Leaves from 2 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup brandy shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until smoking.
- Sprinkle the steaks all over with salt and pepper.
- Put the steaks in the pan and cook, turning to brown all sides completely, until medium-rare, 8 to 10 minutes depending on how thick the steaks are.
- Remove the steaks to a platter with tongs and cover loosely with a tent of aluminum foil to keep the meat warm while you make the sauce.
- Put the saute pan back over medium-high heat and add 1/4 cup olive oil.
- When the oil is smoking, add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, about 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Then add the thyme and garlic, and season well with salt and pepper.
- Toss a few more
- times to cook the garlic, then dump the mushrooms out onto a platter.
- Take the pan off the heat, add the brandy, and cook until almost evaporated.
- Add the cream and cook that down 2 to 3 minutes until reduced by about one-half and thickened.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan with whatever juices have collected on the platter and simmer the whole thing another 2 minutes until thickened again.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the steak thin against the grain. Taste the sauce for salt and pepper and serve.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating15 people
medium rare please! great post!TYmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
This is great! Wonderful!
Like the new avatar!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Medium rare here too please!!! This sounds amazing and a must try. Thanks for posting.lor in Toronto loved it