Chicken Enchilades SuisasFrom kristopher 7 years ago
- 2 cups shredded and cooked chicken breast meat shopping list
- 12 8" corn tortillas shopping list
- 2/3 cup chopped spanish onion shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green chile peppers shopping list
- 1 minced clove garlic shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 dash ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream (can use lower fat if you want) shopping list
- canola oil for frying shopping list
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives shopping list
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- First lets do the salsa verde. Melt the butter in sauce-pan over medium-low heat. Saute the onion until it gets soft. Stir in flour. Add the broth, then add garlic, chiles, salt, and the cumin. Let it simmer for about 15 mins to blend all the flavors. Once finished, set it aside. Preheat your oven to 350F (175C.)
- In a skillet (preferably a heavy one..they cook the best), lightly fry your tortillas in just a little bit of oil. Be careful not to get them too crispy because they need to be rolled later. Combine all the cheeses (except for 1/2 cup set aside for topping at the end). Dip each tortilla in salsa verde (do both sides). Place 2 very large tablespoons of chicken and 2 tablespoons of cheese on the center of each. Then roll and place the seam-side down in a shallow dish.
- Once all of your rolled tortillas are in the shallow dish, spoon some extra salsa verde (your discretion) over all and then cover with the heavy cream (sour cream works well too). Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup or so of cheese and green onions ontop.
- Bake this dish (uncovered!) in pre-heated oven for approximately 20 minutes. Serve with olives, tomatoes, and salsa on the side.
People Who Like This Dish 29
The Cookkristopher San Francisco, CA
The Rating11 people
who would give this less than a 5????jeannej in Raleigh loved it
These were great! :) Very small changes because of ingredients available or preference. I made my own tortillas and made them a lil smaller. Got 16 4-5 inch enchiladas out of the ingredients listed, so it was perfect. I used Mexican Creama instea...morekeni in Sweet Home loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!