Olive Cheese BreadFrom lunasea 9 years ago
- One 12 oz -14-oz jar pimiento-stuffed olives (can use combo of these and black olives if you like), drained well and roughly chopped shopping list
- 6 scallions (diced) shopping list
- ¾ pound shredded cheese (I like the Mexican blends) shopping list
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- ½ cup real mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 stick butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- Optional: 1 jalapeno (remove seeds and ribs to decrease heat, if desired), minced shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 loaves baguettes, ciabatta, French bread (your choice) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine olives, scallions, shredded cheese, softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, softened butter, black pepper, garlic and jalapeno pepper. Mix well.
- Slice bread in half lengthwise.
- Spread mixture evenly over the halves.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until topping is melted and starting to turn light brown.
- Cut into diagonal slices and enjoy.
- NOTE: When I make this with my homemade baguettes, it easily covers three halves without skimping.
- It's very delicious and addictive.
- The original recipe with pictures can be seen at http://thepioneerwomancooks.com/2007/06/olive_cheese_br.html - thanks, Ree!
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating9 people
Love it! :)noir in Boston loved it
Oh I can't take it. This looks just too darn good. I know when I prepare it I'll have to make more than the recipe calls for. It will be gone before I can bat my eyes. Another great recipe and many thanks.laadeedaa in loved it
Pimento stuffed olives are great in this Olive Cheese Bread, the Ciabatta I make will be perfect for this. To me the jalapeños are a must not an option, Hot Hot Hot.
Thank you Vickie.
Michaeltrigger in loved it