Great Grandmas Baked ChickenFrom lunasea 8 years ago
- 8 ounces (about 3/4 cup) soft goat cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves shopping list
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds) shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups plain bread crumbs shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine the goat cheese, rosemary and lemon peel; set aside.
- Using a small sharp knife, cut into the side of each chicken breast half to create a pocket.
- Stuff each chicken breast with about 1 1/2 tablespoons goat cheese mixture and secure with a toothpick.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs and set aside.
- Place the bread crumbs in another shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add half the melted butter to the bread crumbs and combine. Keep the remaining butter warm for basting.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up. (It's a good thing, yes?)
- Dip each stuffed chicken breast in the egg and then in the bread crumbs to coat; set on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked through, about 45 minutes, drizzling with the remaining butter every 15 minutes.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating12 people
Oh, yum....goat cheese and rosemary! Love it, thanks!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Thank you Grandma. You're the best! ;)Pass that on.
Mborius in Klamath Falls loved it
i love crumbed chicken will be trying your recipe soon!!!!!!!!!
have a SUPER DAY
MUMTAZmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!