Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Fontina Artichokes And Sun-dried TomatoesFrom lunasea 6 years ago
- 1 12-ounce jar marinated artichokes, drained, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup grated Fontina cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup (packed) drained, coarsely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (roasted red peppers, drained, work here, too.) shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh basil shopping list
- 4 5-ounce skinless boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil - or you can use some of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes to brown chicken in - nice! shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- Options: shopping list
- capers, drained shopping list
- spinach, chopped shopping list
- pancetta or bacon, crisped and cut/torn into pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix artichokes, cheese, tomatoes, and basil in medium bowl.
- Using small sharp knife and working with 1 chicken breast at a time, cut 2-inch-long slit horizontally into 1 side of chicken breast. Move knife back and forth in slit to form pocket.
- Divide 1 cup cheese mixture among chicken pockets (**Note: The remainder filling mixture would be great for a frittata, pasta, etc. ).
- Press edges to seal. **Note 2: If bulging a lot, can close with a toothpick, which I usually do.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add chicken; cook 3-5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over; transfer skillet to oven. Bake until cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes before slicing.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating15 people
Hi Vickie! This recipe looks absolutely delicious! And Trigger is right, it could be converted into a pasta dish! I'm bookmarking this and will let you know when I make it!conner909 in Southern Calif. loved it
Great post, Vicki!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
This has a Mediterranean feel to it. I love pairing
artichokes, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Fontina cheese.
This recipe could easily be converted into a pasta dish.
Michaeltrigger in loved it