Trailer Park PorkchopsFrom greekgirrrl 8 years ago
- 4 boneless 1/2 inch or thicker pork chops (I prefer 1 inch) shopping list
- 1/2 bottle of your favorite habanero sauce shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- Whole black pepper (to crush with a pepper grinder) shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil (is there such a thing anymore? I'd like to meet her) shopping list
- Cavender’s Greek seasoning shopping list
How to make it
- We start by making the marinade. Grab a mixing bowl and pour in 1/2 the contents of the Habanero sauce bottle. Add a teaspoon of garlic powder, a teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper, and a teaspoon of Cavender’s Greek seasoning. Next, add 6-8 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Now, grab a fork (or, if you're really savvy in the kitchen, a whisk) and rapidly mix/blend the contents until it's a somewhat orange-colored sauce (this may take 30 seconds max, unless you're a wuss).
- Now grab your chops. Take a basting brush and generously apply the marinade to each side of the chop. Try to use all the sauce (the hotter the pork chops, the more beer you get to drink).
- Lay the pork chops in a shallow glass dish, cover, and place in the fridge for 45 minutes or so. Things you can do in 45 minutes: drink 1-3 beers, light up and get through half a cigar, play half a match of soccer.
- Preheat your grill and cook the chops on medium to medium-high about 7 minutes per side. Flip only once. Remove chops from the grill and place on a large plate. Grab a napkin large enough to double as a bib or a wipe rag to keep you from sweating all over your chops.
- Warning: while this recipe has yet to actually render a man unconscious while eating, it can render him useless within 24 hours as the seasoning, shall we say, makes it’s way through the digestive system.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- Wyoman Wheaterville, Wyldoming
- aljenlocker Nowhere, Us
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- lanacountry Macon, GA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- chefzilla Hope, AR
- dtour Somewhere In Florida, FL
- lizzconn Naas Co Kildare, IE
- jemison Huntersville, NC
- redkitchen Murfreesboro, TN
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating7 people
I like hot and have plenty of Habanero sauce. I have cooked my chops like this but w/o the Greek Seasoning...Gonna try it with the Cavender’s Greek seasoning. Thanks for the post.
dtour in Somewhere In Florida loved it
Trailer park pork chops w/ trailer park fudge for dessert...lol. Anyway these sound good. Hubby would love them.hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
Hi lady!I'm loving the name of this recipe and the recipe too.High 5.Thanks for makin me laugh.Zillachefzilla in Hope loved it