Dulce De Leche And Chocolate Chunk Bread PuddingFrom lunasea 7 years ago
- 8 1/2-inch-thick slices egg bread (about 4x5 inches), crusts trimmed, cut into 3/4- to 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup purchased dulce de leche ice cream topping or butterscotch-caramel sauce plus more for serving shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dark rum shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup (about 3 ounces) bittersweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place bread in large bowl. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons melted butter; toss.
- Transfer to rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bread begins to color, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Cool.
- Brush 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Stir whipping cream and 1 cup dulce de leche in medium saucepan over medium heat until blended and bubbling. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs and yolks in large bowl.
- Add rum, vanilla, and salt; gradually whisk in warm dulce de leche mixture.
- Stir in bread cubes. Let soak 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix chocolate chips into custard mixture.
- Pour into prepared dish. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake pudding until puffed and set in center, about 35 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar. Serve warm, passing more dulce de leche topping alongside.
People Who Like This Dish 30
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating17 people
OMG!!! Vickie ,are you trying to kill me? Unbelieveable!!! BIG 5!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
what is this Vickie!!! it´s like a fantasy!
of course my 5.!magali777 in Mexico loved it
OOOOOOOHHHHHHH LA LA SOUNDS VERY GOOD THANKS SWEETIEminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!