Chorizo and Scrambled Egg Breakfast TacosFrom lunasea 6 years ago
- 4 corn tortillas shopping list
- 1 cup grated extra-sharp white cheddar cheese (or your favorite _ i like manchego here, too - or a queso of choice) shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided shopping list
- 7 ounces fresh chorizo sausage, casing removed if necessary shopping list
- 4 green onions, sliced shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- sour cream (optional) shopping list
- hot sauce or salsa (optional) shopping list
- guacamole (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Brush large nonstick skillet with olive or vegetable oil.
- Char tortillas over gas flame or directly on electric burner until blackened in spots, turning with tongs.
- Arrange tortillas in single layer in skillet. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1/4 cup grated cheese and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and 2 tablespoons cilantro in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté chorizo sausage in heavy medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, breaking up with back of spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Add green onions and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add egg mixture and stir until very softly set, about 1 minute. Remove egg mixture from heat.
- Cook tortillas in skillet over high heat until beginning to crisp on bottom, but still soft and pliable, about 1 minute.
- Divide egg mixture among tortillas and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- Fold each tortilla in half. Serve with sour cream, hot sauce and guacamole, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating10 people
Looks yummy. I sometimes wonder what I can do with chorizo other than putting it into pasta. Good idea!kidaria in BC loved it
i love this used to have it alot when i lived in calif.......minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
What time is breakfast??? Love chorizo sausage.
Good job again..Hugs, Markymarky90 in Dearborn loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!