Smoked Boston ButtFrom redkitchen 7 years ago
- 5 pound pork butt roast shopping list
- 4 Tbs. house seasoning (recipe follows) shopping list
- 2 Tbs. seasoned salt shopping list
- 4 Tbs. liquid smoke shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- Barbeque sauce of choice for serving shopping list
How to make it
- House seasoning:
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Sprinkle 1 side of roast with 2 Tab. of house seasoning, making sure to rub well.
- Flip the roast over and rub the remaining 2 Tab. of house seasoing.
- Repeat the process with the seasoned salt & liquid smoke
- Place roast in large roasting pan.
- Add the onion, water and bay leaves to the roast
- Place in oven and cook for 2 1/2 - 3 hours, or until thermometer reads 170*.
- Let meat cool for a few minutes and then slice
- Serve with your favorite barbeque sauce
The Cookredkitchen Murfreesboro, TN
The Rating6 people
OMG...ROFLMAO...(no pun intended!). I did a search for a boston butt roast, and had to click when I saw your pic. LOVE it...great recipe, too.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Sparow made me come look....lolol
awesome recipe btw. :)mrtnzangel8 in SW loved it
Made this for my boyfriend's birthday supper last night...was a BIG hit...he was still talking about it when he got up this morning. Great post.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!