Blacklight JelloFrom tippystclair 8 years ago
How to make it
- Boil 1 cup of Tonic water.
- Pour boiling tonic water into a jello mold or glass bowl,
- Sprinkle in Jello powder while mixing the hot tonic water, stir until all of the powder is dissolved.
- Add 2 Tbsp of sugar to sweeten (if desired).
- Add 1 cup of cold tonic water and mix briefly (1 or two stirs)
- Place in refridgerator for 2 hours until set.
- When the jello has set you can take it out and it will glow under a black light. (this is due to the quinine in the tonic water -the stuff that makes it bitter).
- Not only is this a great halloween treat, quinine has been used for years in medicine for some of its soothing properties.
People Who Like This Dish 16
- honestcooksroom Borne, The Netherlands
- hunnee Nanaimo, CA
- laurakaay Oroville, CA
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- turtle66 Sacramento, CA
- trigger MA
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- maywest Tangerine, FL
- sydposs Sydney - Australia, AL
- mis7up Fort Sill, OK
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating13 people
super cool! I wonder if our bellies glow after we eat it?!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Kathy this would have been great when I baby sat 17 kids for Halloween sleep overs.
Thank you I am going to a friends house this Halloween and I will bring it over then.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
KATHY THATS SO COOL I LOVE IT AND VERY PRETTY TOO ARENT BLACK LIGHTS SO MUCH FUNminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it