Cheesey Gratin Of Brussels SproutsFrom slj6lori 7 years ago
- 4 slices of bacon chopped and cooked crisp ....set aside and reserve the grease shopping list
- 1 lg. onion fine chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 2 lbs. fresh brussel sprouts halved shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. milk shopping list
- 1 c. chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 c. butter shopping list
- 5 tblspn. flour shopping list
- 3/4 c. grated parm cheese shopping list
- 1 tblspn. Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- fresh cracked pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. grated sharp white cheddar shopping list
- paprika for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In 2 tblspns of the bacon grease, cook onion for 6-7 minutes.
- Add garlic.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Trim and and half the sprouts and cook in boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and place in a 2 qt. casserole dish.
- Top sprouts with the cooked onions and garlic.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine milk and chicken broth in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer then remove from heat.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, add flour and cook stirring over medium heat for about 1 minute until flour is light golden brown.
- Whisk in half of the hot milk/broth mixture.
- Heat and whisk unitl thick. Add remaining liquid and cook for about 5 minutes whisking frequently.
- Whisk in parm cheese, mustard, salt, thyme, and pepper.
- Pour this sauce evenly over the sprouts, onions and garlic.
- Sprinkle evenly with the chopped cooked bacon and shredded cheddar and dust lightly with the paprika.
- Place casserole in oven and bake for 30 minutes unitl bubbly.
- Cool about 5 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 21
- smartino Nowhere, Us
- EpicuriouslySheryl St. Charles, Missouri
- southwestveggie Silver City, NM
- mema1234 Nowhere, Us
- juniprune CA
- camidoo Lyons, NY
- aussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
- lilliancooks Long Island, NY
- refugeesrecipelisting Global, CA
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- Plus 11 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookslj6lori Succasunna, NJ
The Rating12 people
YUMMMMMM! FIVE to ya! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Ha!! Bacon...I KNEW it had to have bacon to make these stand out...hehehe...great recipe, darlin'...there's really only one way I prepare the Sprouts, cus I'm just not a fan...but, again, with bacon AND cheese, how can you go wrong? Great addition!keni in Sweet Home loved it
Oh how I love Brussel sprouts unfortunately my husband can't stand them, I've now gotten a couple of recipes here that I might can pass them over with him-fingers crossed, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!