Double Baked Mashed Potatoes With Fontina And Italian ParsleyFrom victoriaregina 5 years ago
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 2 pounds medium-size russet potatoes shopping list
- 3/4 cup half and half shopping list
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter shopping list
- 1 and 1/4 cups (packed) grated Fontina cheese (about 6 ounces) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- chopped scallions for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Using small knife, pierce potatoes in several places.
- Place potatoes on small baking sheet.
- Bake until tender when pierced with skewer, about 1 hour. Cool slightly.
- Bring half and half to simmer in heavy small saucepan.
- Scrape potatoes from skin into large bowl.
- Using ricer, food mill or potato masher, mash potatoes.
- Mix in half and half.
- Add butter; stir vigorously until butter melts and potatoes are smooth.
- Stir in 2/3 of cheese and 3 tablespoons parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to 11 x 7 x 2-inch glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Some finely chopped chives would be pretty on top.
- Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bake potatoes until heated through and cheese melts, about 15 minutes.
- Let's eat!
The Cookvictoriaregina USA, VA
The Rating26 people
This is the reason that wedge of Fontina was calling me in the grocery store last week....Thanks so much for such a great recipe...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Sounds really good! Love the Fontina here!juels in Clayton loved it
Really nice recipe! Thanks, Dooleydooley in Krum loved it